Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A ticket to the future is only $10...

I was playing the dorky MMORPG that I love so much earlier when I grouped up with a guy named Bobby (I only know this because after we were grouped together awhile he started hounding me to look at his website) to kill the goody two shoe Qeynosians players. All of a sudden he starts talking about good versus evil (Real life good vs evil) and natural foods. This guy was pretty much a nut, I knew it especially when he said he knows the cure for cancer, and how cancer is caused by every product, natural or not except fruits and veggies. Then he started ripping into people with cancer saying its their own fault. *Coughs* Um, hi I'm Melissa and I have cancer. I told him what was wrong with me, and he lightened up a bit but not with out telling me I needed to completely change my lifestyle and I could cure the cancer. 

Sure.

He also said he was going to live for hundreds of years and when time travel is possible he was going to go back in time to bring his mother back to life, or to the future.
Yeah, groups over, time for bed.

But him saying that got me thinking about a website my brother is a big advocate of, timetravelfund.com 

The Time Travel Fund claims that for $10.00 you can buy a ticket to the future.  The concept is that one day, it may be scientifically possible for people living far in the future to retrieve you from your current frame of reference (their past - your present) and bring you into the future (their present - your future.) 

The money you donate not only pays for your ticket back but with the compound interest gained until whenever that time should come would support you financially for a number of years. (You also get a nifty certificate in the mail)

If someday it becomes possible, I think it would be so neat to live in a different time than now. But it's also scary in some ways though. What if the world is like the movie Surrogates, or what if humanity is on the brink of a huge war and we're only brought back to be soldiers. Or to become food for an alien race. The possibilities are endless, and thinking about endless possibilities is something I highly enjoy. I could go on and on about this but I'm sleepy. Just wanted to throw this on here.

Anyways, I'm signing up. What the heck, it's only $10.00.

Check out the website. Let me know what you think!  

No comments:

Post a Comment