Monday, June 22, 2009

Aurora Borealis From Outta Space



While docked and onboard the International Space Station on March 21st 2008, an STS-123 Endeavour crewmember, looking northward across the Gulf of Alaska, captured the glowing green beauty of the Aurora Borealis over the Earth.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

To see more actual pictures from outer space see Nasa.gov

Aren't these pictures truly amazing?

Aurora article on wiki

More beautiful pictures of the Aurora Borealis.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

When I was younger I was completely afraid to look out the window when I would hear the Aurora Borealis may be visible. I would hide under my bed and beg for everyone to leave me alone so I wouldn't have to come out and possibly see it. I had a fear of the unknown back then. Now, after learning much about this phenomenon I can only hope for the chance to see this in my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment